Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Almost Week Three...

Life has been much of the same. Spent the weekend with family mostly, but thankfully Gina came down on Saturday. I love my family, but the same faces day after day can kind of wear of you. That's why her visit was so refreshing. We talked, played games, watched a movie. Most importantly, I actually felt normal for the first time in awhile. It's amazing how small things really make a difference.

Other than that, a lot of sports watching, which for a bay area fan as of late is kind of crappy. Sharks and Giants both can't seem to hold onto to any leads they get. Very frustrating, especially when you can't yell.

I went to another appointment today, which surprisingly have been the highlights of my week. They've all been good news with high praise as far as my recovery is going. The only down side is that they are not happy with how much weight I am losing. Because of the pool, I cannot divulge what the number is so far, but I can say its substantial enough. Unfortunately, I have to try very hard to maintain the weight I do have, so we will see how that goes. The best news is that they upped the amount of time I can have the rubber bands off each day, from 6 to 8. It might not seem like very much, but for me it's HUGE. Every extra second is a big deal. It's a weird feeling having your mouth sealed off. It's even harder not to have minor panic attacks. So knowing that a break is coming really helps. And lengthening that break is some of the best news I can possibly get. All in all, today was a pretty good day. And I'm almost half way there!

That's it for now, more to come later!

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment