So the first week was definitely an interesting one. Some common themes that developed...
- Sleeping is no longer considered "rest"
- Meals consist of liquids laced with other liquids
- Liquid Sudafed is truly the drink of the Gods
- Lego's are as cool now as they were when I was 7
- I have amazing people in my life
Spending the night in the hospital was kinda cool because it was a security blanket. The nurses were all so good and sweet, I had a number of visitors, my Dad was there til 2am, Jen was there til 3am, and my mom spent the night on a cot in my room. Luckily, I was in a room for two by myself so we had two TVs going; one with the Giants and one with the Sharks. I didn't sleep that much because I have to sleep sitting up and had a humidifier mask on that I can still hear when it's real quiet. But alas, I survived the first night.
The next couple of days were plagued by bloody noses and poor breathing. Friday was the first day I got to take the rubber bands off. I'm required to have them off for an hour and a half, twice a day. At first, that was a scary proposition. I had envisioned my jaw falling off like in a horror movie, but as you may have guessed, that did not happen. I have to do stretches and exercises to start getting mobility back. I started out not being able to put my pinky finger in my mouth, I now have room for my thumb with some room to spare; so, progress!
Saturday night was scary because I couldn't breathe what-so-ever. We have Sudafed, but breaking it up and putting it in liquid wasn't working. And due to certain regulations, you have to buy it from the Pharmacy, one at a time, and they swipe your driver's license. Not only that, there are no pharmacies open at 4am. But as soon as we got through those shenanigans, we got a hold of things. My dad went out Sunday morning to get me Children's sudafed, had my family (who came over for Mother's day) bring liquid sudafed, and anyone who asks if I need something, LIQUID SUDAFED.
Other than that, I've spent most my time taking short naps, building lego's, and watching a ton of sports. The stir crazyness is about to set in, so if you have a moment and feel like popping by, I'll be here!
No comments:
Post a Comment